Monday, July 30, 2018

Something to be Excited For and Something to Miss


This week has been awesome. Alejandra continues to progress well, and we discovered that her 10 year old son Ramyro (who is suuuuper shy) has been kind of listening to the charlas from his room, and meanwhile Alejandra has been teaching him everything we are teaching her. And now Ramyro is starting to sit in on the charlas. We did a few little visual demonstrations as part of the lessons, and now Alejandra says that he talks about us all day at home and to his friends haha. Now that we know him, he isn`t shy with us at all, so that is sweet. We taught them the Word of Wisdom this week, and Alejandra who really likes coffee dropped it without a second thought after she learned about it. She is so prepared, and is really excited for her baptism the 10th!

Elder Layton, Fabricio and Elder Weed

This week we also recieved a brief visit from Preisident Olsen who was here in Artigas and he came with us to a lesson with Fabricio, who also is doing AWESOME! His baptism is planned for the 25th as well. It was nice having President in the lesson because he uses really good examples. Also. Fabricio has been having some awesome inspired questions each lesson, and now after we talked about baptisms for the dead, he set a goal to make it to to temple to do baptisms with the ward in September!! Such a stud!

Elder Layton, President Olsen, Fabricio, Elder Weed

I cannot really express in words how grateful I am to have served these last two years. I have learned to love the mission,love these Uruguayans, and to love the Lord. I know I will never regret these two years. They are the best two years!! 

Elder Weed, Fabricio, Elder Layton
I am grateful for all of the many tender mercies I have been given from Heavenly Father, and I know that the service that I have given will change the rest of my life. I am excited for what lies ahead, but I am definitely going to miss being a missionary. It is a blessing. BUT- I still have got a week to enjoy it! 

President Olsen with Investigators and in Artigas

I love you guys, thanks to everyone who has helped me make it to the point. This is the true church of Jesus Christ, and it is so important that we cling to what the old and modern day prophets have taught us. What a privilege to be a member of this church! Don`t forget it! I was studying this week in Helaman 5, and found it of great importance how many times Helaman tells his son Nephi ( o Nefi) to remember. It really is!!

Elder Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment