Monday, July 2, 2018

The Worst Thing I Ever Ate


Hey everyone!

Wow, the work is hastening!! I don´t know how, but this week we have been led to find various families to teach!! It has been amazing.

We played futbol last P-day with the Elders from Bella Union after writing because we saw some jovenes and asked if they wanted to play against us. There was some intense play haha. I made the game winning goal when we were tied 4-4. I am kinda getting the hang of this whole futbol thing :) Elder Veizaga is training me up haha. Also we had another awesome experience this week regarding futbol. So we were out looking for people to teach Wednesday night and an 11 year old kid named Eduardo came and started walking with us, asking us who we were. Well we explained we were searching to help people and he just kept walking with us. So, then we told him he should pick a house that we should contact. Well, on the second house he picked, a guy named Jose let us in, as well as Eduardo haha. We had an awesome lesson. After that, we had Edaurdo take us over to his house to meet his parents and to ask permission if he could come with us to futbol that night. Well, they gave us permission and in fact his other four brothers and sisters wanted to come along. So we went to futbol with an army of jovenes, formed our own team and wrecked :) Now we are teaching that family, ´la familia Villegas´! Eduardo is the little kid next to me in the picture.
 
We also saw a miracle with Magela this week!! We had already invited her to be baptized after she came to Mario´s, but she was still unsure. Well, she has been reading and praying a lot about the BOM and about baptism, and she told us on Friday about the answer she recieved! So, after praying one night, she went to bed. She said that she had a dream, and that in her dream she saw a filled baptismal font! She told us that she looked though the glass window of the font, and could see a refelction of herself dressed in white!! So wow... She told US that she had made the decision to be baptized! She is on date for May 12th!! Also, she came to stake conference on Sunday with her husband Geronimo!!

For stake conference with weekend, President Olsen wasn´t able to attend, so Elder Veizaga and I were assigned to speak haha. I spoke in the leadership conference on Wednesday. Well they had told me it was just a 10 minute talk on missionary work, but when we started, they gave me a tie microphone and told me I had 15 minutes, and I was supposed to lead a leadership discussion hahaha. So yeah, I did my best, and kind of used some points of my talk but also had to change it up a bit. 

Today for P-day, the 6 of us Elders went to familia Godoy, the recent converts in our ward, and made an Asado! It was soooo awesome because to be honest, I am pretty bored of eating ´fideos con tuco´ and ´milanesas´ todos los dias. Well mostly awesome. Lets just say that Eduardo got us good... So Elder Carducci bought all of the meat, but Edaurdo put something extra on the grill. Well he had us all eat it before telling us what it was. i thought it was intenstines because I had eaten that beofre, and it looked similar, buuuuuut.... Well lets just say we ate the private part of the cow. Hahaha. I am still alive :)

Love you guys! Have an awesome week!

Elder Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment