Saturday, February 10, 2018

Me Voy a Salto!

Service with the Caceres Family
Well, it has been an AWESOME week! Elder Peterson and I have had a few investigators drop us this week that we thought would progress, BUT we have been finding a lot of jovenes. It is really cool too because some of the youth we have found also know Sebastian, and his cousin Santiago, who has a baptismal date for the 27th. So we have some hope in building a solid youth group here, because there aren´t many of them in Barrio 6 right now haha. We organized basketball with some of them too this week, because 3 or 4 had mentioned they liked Basketball better than soccer. Such homies :).

We also got our changes this week. It is crazy how incredibly fast these two changes with Elder Peterson hve flown by!! The mission just seems to keep getting better. Anyways, I m leaving Tacuarembó to be a zone leader in a zone called Salto! My companion will be Elder Romero, from Peru, and I have heard that he is a really awesome missionary, so I am excited :) Some things I have heard about Salto- Everyone says it is a lot hotter than Tacuarembo... great! Haha Tacuarembo is pretty hot, but I still think Argentina last year was a lot worse. Maybe Salto is more like that. It borders Argentina in fact. The bummer though is I don´t think the house there has air conditioning :0.... Anyways, I also heard Salto has hot springs and geysers outside of the city which are cool, so maybe I will be able to check those out one P-day! Everyone also calls Salto ´la tierra de las naranjas´. Sweet!
Diego

We found a ladys this week named Silvana who was with her daughter Micah, and they accepted a baptismal invitation in the first lesson for Feburary 3rd! They were really awesome, and are actually a family of 6, but we just haven´t met the family yet. 

One of the youth that we found was named Peter, and he wants to get baptized, even though we haven´t really had a lesson yet. We contacted him on the street on Saturday, and he said his parents work all day so he lives with his grandma. We told him we would be swinging by to pick up a couple other kids for church on Sunday, and we could pick him up if it was ok with his parents. Well we weren´t able to get in contact with his parents, but when we showed up to church some lady named Eva was there, which was apparently his grandma haha. I guess she was a member, and when Peter told her we had come by, she felt she should go to church! So Peter wants to get baptized, Santiago is going to get baptized, and now we are just looking for a ´Juan´ to get baptized :) (Mom, in spanish Sanitago is ´James´ and Juan is ´John´).

I will really miss Tacuarembó, I feel I have learned a lot here. Anyways, I am really excited to be headed to Salto! Love you guys!

Elder Layton

- Service with flia Caceres
- Finished mate cup, all three sides

- Pizza with hermano and hermana Di Franco. Btw there was a lot more pizza than this too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment