Saturday, February 10, 2018

Feliz Ano Nuevo

Caroling in Tacuarembo 2017 Christmas
Hey everyone! Happy new year for 2018!

To be honest this week has been pretty tranquilo. Not a ton of new stuff has happened. It has been pretty hard to find new investigators because everyone has been ´so busy´ for the holidays haha. Anyways, we did find one awesome new investigator named Santiago. He is actually a reference from Sebastian (his cousin) but we just started teaching him and he accepted a baptismal invitation for Janurary 27th. He also came with us and Sebastian to church on Sunday!

We have a new 80 year old investigator we are teaching who is super catholic and has been for all her life. But she is very fascinated by the BOM and has already read nearly all of first Nephi! She wasn´t able to make it on Sunday because she was out of town, but she said she wants to come check it out because I guess she gets bored in the catholic church. Hahaha that really made me laugh :)

Sebastian is doing super well now that he was baptized last week. Now that I just completed the BOM again before Christmas and am starting over, I made a challenge with him to see who could read it first. He is convinced he is going to win but we will see about that :) Loser buys the other person ice cream at Grido hahaha.

Rainbow in Tacuarembo
New Years was awesome. We witnessed some bomb fireworks again. It was incredible!! Anyways, that is about it for this week. I am super happy after being about to skype with everyone last week for Christmas! I have got the best family ever! 

Sorry, I actually don´t have a ton of time because we had to take like a 45 minute survey today during our writing time. I´ll just try to make it quick. Sebastian, our recent convert is such a stud, he is doing really well. He loves the missionaries haha. He has been reading the BOM quite a bit now too. And at just 12 years old! He is fun to teach because literally every time he sees us he gets suuuper happy. I think he just really looks up to us because we are older. Haha to be honest we have quite a few little kids we are teaching right now, and I am so bad at teaching them haha. It is hard, because I´m not too creative. But it is all good. 


Changes are next week. I kinda get the feeling I am leaving but we will see. I really like this area a lot. This past week or two has been pretty hard though because not many people want to receive us since everyone is busy for the holidays. Hopefully the last week in this change, we will be able to find more people to teach. I'm glad that the ward at home is doing well. :D Love you guys all!

Elder Layton


No comments:

Post a Comment