Thursday, January 26, 2017

The Promise Fulfilled

Hey guys!

Wow, it has been a great week. To start, we were planning on having a Noche de Hogar (family home evening) with the Cacosso family and an investigator last Monday, but she was pretty sick when we went over. So that was a big bummer and I felt bad because the Cacosso family prepared a bunch of snacks, but then we decided to go try invited another investigator last minute, and he was able to come! And it was really awesome too, he enjoyed the video we watched and even bore his testimony to us about what he learned.

We went on divisions over in Concepcion on Tuesday. I was with Elder BarĂ²n for the day, a tiny little Colombian. He is really cool, but super hard to understand haha. We did a lot of walking that day and it was insanely hot, but we ended up have some really incredible lessons that night. Oh yeah, and something funny about Argentina is for some reason everyone always tries guessing our age. And they always think I am way older than I am - everyone is always super surprised to hear I am 18. I don't know if it is because I have a little companion or what, but no one really thought much of it in Montevideo haha. People here are funny. Everyone all have these special handshakes here too. To be ´in´ with the youth you gotta learn all these different handshakes.

After coming back from Concepcion on Wednesday, we had to go back on Thursday for a zone conference and interviews with President Olsen. It was a really great conference, and it was funny because in my interview I prayed out loud in english for the first time in a while, and it was so hard! I kept tripping up on words and slipping in a few spanish words on accident and everything haha. It was the weirdest thing ever. 

Anyways, we had the greatest day on Saturday! In the morning, we had a really good lesson with two investigators named [...] and [...]. They are brothers and were old investigators that we decided to start teaching again. They are super cool, and really acceptive of us. We had a really great lesson that morning and they said they would think about being baptized on february 25th! 

We also had a cool experience that afternoon. We went to visit [...]. For a little background, we had a lesson with him earlier this week, and he expressed a lot of concerns to us. He is 20 years old and has two younger brothers he takes care of, but he needs a job and has been looking for a couple of months now. We were teaching a story in the Book of Mormon, and after he told us that, I had a strong impression to make him a promise. I told him that if he read the Book of Mormon every day, that the Lord would help him find a job. And so we came back to visit him this Saturday afternoon, and caught him just as he was getting ready to leave for his first day- at his new job! So awesome. The rest of that day, we ended up being packed with lessons and great contacts. It was such a great day! 

I really feel that I am being so blessed here on my mission, and I am so very grateful for all of the opportunities and experiences I am having. We have been seeing miracles each day, and I am grateful for the guidance of the the Spirit. It is so very real. And this church is so very true. I love you all. Thanks for all the support!

Elder Layton


No comments:

Post a Comment