Monday, July 2, 2018

Baptisms of Ramon, Richard, Augustin and Araseli / Elder Holland Visit


Lets just say I could sum up this week with an edited John 21:25, but regarding the miracles and things that have happened this week. But, I will try to write a few of the miracles and things that have happened....

I will start with the visit  of Elder Holland. It was such a spiritual experience!! We all got to shake Elder Holland`s hand yesterday when we went to Montevideo. We had a few seconds each. After he finished shaking everyone`s hand, he got up and told us that he just got done having a personal interview with EACH ONE OF US!! He said that he interviewed us just when he looked into our eyes. Like whaaaaat...... Haha when I shook his hand, he smiled and gave me a couple of chest pounds with his fist. What a privilege it was just to see a prophet of the Lord up close for a few seconds. He taught us many things in his visit. He said we are involved in the most important thing in the entire universe- The saving of a human soul. Really that man has a talent for speaking. I testify that he really is an Apostle ordained of Jesus Christ. I could feel his love as he spoke, and I know that the mission is the greatest privilege, I have yet had. As he finished he blessed us physically with strength to go on and told us that he were blessing us in the same way as if he had blessed us with consecrated oil each one. Wow. Without words what we felt.

This week Ramon, Richard, Augustin and Araseli were all baptized! President Olsen asked us to make goals back at Christmas for this year, and one that I made was to help ten people be baptized before I finished my mission. Well, with this weekend, the Lord has blessed me with that goal! On Sunday I cannot describe what I felt when I saw all ten of those people there, still going strong, some with callings, others with desires to go on a mission and passing the sacrament, and others inviting and bringing their own family members to church! Wow.


The mission is such a blessing. Also, Mario approached us this week and asked to leave with us to visit people! So this week he will be helping us! Magela and Eduardo are already halfway done with the BOM. Also, this weekend we received nine references from members!!! It is hard to keep up with everything we have to do! I love this work and i know it is true. I wish I could write more this week really, but there just isn't time. Miracles are happening every day!

Elder Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment